University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Curricular Practical Training
CPT is work authorization which allows a student to work in a job directly related to the student‘s major area of study before degree completion. CPT authorization is granted by ISSS
To apply for CPT, you must:
- Complete a CPT workshop to learn about the application process.
Watch the CPT Online Workshop
– Logging in to Moodle is required for the Online Workshop
– Enrollment key: issscpt
- Download the CPT Application Packet or obtain the packet at ISSS.
- Complete the “CPT Student Request and Academic Adviser Verification” form from the packet.
Bring completed application materials to ISSS during walk-in hours or a scheduled appointment to meet with an F-1 adviser for processing.
- Your academic adviser must sign the back of the form.
- Additional documentation may be required. Please see the instructions in the application packet.
Last Update: December 16, 2014